Road trip - finished LONG

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Road trip - finished LONG
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:12:02 -0500
Well it's finally over
I loaded my 70B on the trailer Thursday night and left South Carolina Friday
after lunch
All went well until about 8:00 Friday night when I hit a pothole in eastern
Mississippi and my dash lights went out.
I pulled into a service station at the next exit and began troubleshooting.  I
found a blown fuse, but not the cause.
In goes another fuse and on the road again.  About 30 minutes later BOOM no dash
lights, so I'm driving down I-20 looking for an exit when I see blue lights
coming up behind me.
A state trooper pulls me over and informs me there aren't any light on the back
of my car or trailer.  I told him about the dash lights going out and got away
with a warning and info that an exit is 3 miles ahead.  Now Ihave enough
information to start looking for the real cause of the dash lights going out.
I spent an hour crawling around under the trailer until I found a wire piched
between the loading ramps and under frame of the trailer.  Electrical tape and
another fuse and I'm all lit again
Spent Friday night just across the Louisiana border

Got up Saturday and drove to Austin, Texas
arrived 3:00 central time and unloaded the B.
I got to see the A for the first time.  Rob Lewis did a great job looking thr
car over for me.  When I saw it there were no surpises and I was in love, rust
and all.
i got the car loaded and all the parts loaded onto the trailer and set out at
5:00 heading back home.
The rest of the trip was really uneventful
drive, gas up, eat, take a leak , repeat- over and over again
Spent Saturday night in Longview, Texas

Got up Sunday morning and hit the road again
drive, gas up, eat, take a leak , repeat- over and over again
Arrived home safely Sunday night at 9:30 Eastern time
2200 miles in 2 1/2 days with my wife and two kids (5 and 8 years old)

I spent yesterday removing fenders and looking at rusty spots
taking pictures and logging nuts bolts and goodies as they came off the car

You know what, I'd do it again in a heartbeat

Tommy
67 Sprite
69 Sprite