Re: Fw: [I-Race] 1 lap of Texas World Speedway

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <DLancer7676@cs.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: [I-Race] 1 lap of Texas World Speedway
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:11:44 -0700
I first became aware of muffler bearings when I started working for a local
ford dealer in the parts dept.  A guys calls up "hey you gotta muffler
bearing for a 69 Mustang?" Being new I asked the manager.  He told me to ask
the customer if he would like that in the older roller type or the new and
improved needle style.  I quickly learned of a muffler bearing.   On slow
days we would call the competition and bug their new guys.  It was always
fun to call O'reilleys, autozone or pepboys.  As they were usually pretty
clueless on most cars.  Alot of dealers were that way too (clueless) but i
was fortunate to work in a shop that had an average experiance of 20 years
selling parts.  So the guys new their stuff.

You can also call around and ask for a spark plug for a diesel, my favorite
is an upper radiator hose for a 69 super beetle, or a rear U Joint for any
model of front wheel drive vehicle.

Ahhh the days of selling parts for food ( ooops I mean Ford).
Glad I went into networking...

Charlie
->