transmission parts

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: transmission parts
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 05:58:24 -0700
Hello,

Well I now have 2 Midgets, I added a 1969 to my collection a week ago.  It
is a fun lil car.  But the tranny has some issues.  I also have my 71 with a
good lil tranny (noisy first gear though).  This weekend I'll have access to
an engine hoist and thought humm I can swap the transmissions and my wife's
car (the 69) will have a good trans and she can drive it.  My 71 is still a
project in the making, so I can rebuild the trans in my spare time.

I'm looking for some parts to buy, I'd like good used but not good and used
up hehe.   I am looking for a layshaft possibly, a laygear, first and
reverse.  I may not be able to afford to buy all this t once i'll just have
to see.  My goal is to pull it on saturday tear it down and put it all
togather and have it back in by sunday.  It is good to have goals right?
Thanks in advance as always.

Charlie
69 & 71 Midget