Contemplations & Opinions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Contemplations & Opinions
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 12:54:41 -0500
I think that what this all means is that no matter where you are, you
will find both jerks and nice people, idiots and those willing to learn.
When I was still raising and showing dogs, I was invited to attend
Westminster and personally see a friend's beautiful black champion
schnauzer. While I was talking to his handler, the man who was scheduled
to judge him walked past us and said that he hoped that was an obedience
entry, as that was not an allowed color. Needless to say, the black did
not do well that day, although he was far superior to the dog that did
win and was later eliminated in Group.
I first bought my Midget because it was what I could afford at the time.
The dealer kept trying to talk me into a B, but it just didn't "feel"
right. I drove the Midget, despite hating the color, just because it was
there. She fit me and "talked" to me as we were taking corners too fast
and just having a good time on the test drive. Since then, I spent
several years keeping her original (except for the color). I finally
decided that one of the privileges of ownership was the endless amount
of trim pieces from various years that are almost all interchangeable.
First to go was the grill, which I replaced with the chrome MKI model.
Next were the high back seats. I recently bought (read stole) a set of
early tail lights from a List member. I enjoy the banter on this list,
and usually read at least part of all messages. I believe that I can
learn something from everyone on it, whether I agree with their
political-cat-gun-1275-1500-Concours opinion or not. One of the
advantages of life in the US is the right to hold and express our
opinions without fear of sanction. I hope that this list stays as it is
- occasionally irreverent, off topic, and full of helpful suggestions
and advice.
Kate