Re: Got my HS4's

To: Chris King <cbking@mail.alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: Got my HS4's
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 09:57:08 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Rear carb has 1) fuel line input, 2) front carb feed, and 3) overflow.  Front
carb has 1) fuel line input from rear carb, and 2) fuel overflow.

Make sure you run the overflow hose well past the exhaust manifold.  And don't
put anywhere it can get pinched.  I can take pictures of my '78 if you need
pics of the setup and of the hoses properly installed.

Mike

cking wrote:

One other thing I have a question on, based on comparing the set with the
drawings in Bentley. I found the vent pipes to the manifold (large, had plastic
restrictor caps on them), but on the float bowls, the rear carb had 3 pipes,
the front 2. Bentley shows 2 and 1, respectively. Anyone know what the 3rd pipe
is for? A charcoal canister vent? (SWAG)