To Vacuum or not to Vacuum - was: Recurving a distributor

To: "'Paul A. Asgeirsson'" <Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>, Chris King <cbking@mail.alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: To Vacuum or not to Vacuum - was: Recurving a distributor
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 07:54:49 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, spridgets-mod@autox.team.net
Paul,

So that's why Vizards 1st edition says vacuum advance gives better gas
mileage?  I assume the advance curves for the 23D and 25D could be the same
for the same engine, just the 25D has more advance when just cruising on the
highway at a steady speed?  Is this correct?  If all of this is true, why
did going from my old 25D to a rebuilt 23D improve my gas mileage by 20%?
Maybe I just got lucky and the 23D happened to have a curve that fit my
engine with better breathing than the original 25D?

Confused, but learning!
Coastie Bob
'74 Midget
'90 944S2 Cab