Re: Moving a Sprite, need advice

To: BritishCarMan@aol.com
Subject: Re: Moving a Sprite, need advice
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 11:12:34 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 02/07/2002 11:24:13 PM Mountain Standard Time,
BritishCarMan@aol.com writes:

> If anyone has put a Spridget in the back of a moving truck

Jamie...

I used to rent trucks for Ryder Truck Rental and this was a strict no-no.  So
IF you do it, don't tell the Penske or U Haul folks.

IF I were going to do it, I'd use 4x4 wheel chocks, toe nailed to the floor.
Most of the trucks should have a wooden floor.  There should also be d-rings,
or wooden slats on the sides to tie down the load.

The danger is if you are involved in an accident...you have a rolling
projectile in the rear that will want to join you in the front seat.  Why not
pull it behind the first truck.  With no drive line we wont have the argument
as to if towing with the driveshaft in place is bad or not.

Robert Houston

"There is nothing quite so thrilling as being shot at and missed"  " Yes
madam, I am drunk, but you are ugly.  Tomrrow I shall be sober, but you will
still be ugly"
attributed to Winston Churchill