Monkey Stables Racing

To: <morris@autox.team.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Monkey Stables Racing
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:30:16 -0800
This last Saturday on the way home from the bay area in the Morris we
checked out a place I had heard of in Martinez near the BART station.
Several people had told me of the Morris Travellers visible from the train.
Well, we found the place and checked it out.

"Monkey Stables Racing" was the sign on the garage, which looked like an
olden days service station.  In the open area in front of the garage were
three Morris Travellers in various states of decay, one Morris panel van in
decent shape and a few semi-wrecked Mazdas of modern vintage.  In the garage
were three MGAs, a Lotus race car of type unknown to me, a gorgeous early MG
saloon and a beautiful Jag sedan of very early vintage.  (Jeeze I wish I
knew the non-sprite English stuff better)

By then I was drooling heavily as I knocked on each door of the complex of
dwellings associated with the garage.  No answer, no joy.  Does anyone know
anything about the owner(s), the cars, or Monkey Stables Racing?  My feeling
was that none of the cars were under active restoration and seemed to be
just quietly rotting away.  I was most interested in the MGAs as that is the
one English car from my past I'd still consider owning besides my bugeye.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye
'59 Morris Traveller (Winifred)