Re: Bugeye Red Upholstery Paint and Seat Cover guy in Winter Park, FL

To: "Cliff Kenwood" <an5l23843@yahoo.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Red Upholstery Paint and Seat Cover guy in Winter Park, FL
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 22:11:01 -0500
cliff,
go to your local auto body supply store and they can mix mar-hyde vynal
paint in almost any shade or tint you want!   you can dye the remaining
pieces you want to do.   but remember to take serious time in cleaning the
vynal prior to painting it or you might experience peeling from poor
adhesion to the vynal.   ask the paint store folks what they reccomend for
"surface prep" prior to aplication of the vynal paint / dye.

chuck.
From "Cliff Kenwood" <an5l23843 at yahoo.com>

Bugeye Red Upholstery Paint and Seat Cover guy in Winter Park, FL

> Hello Spridgeteers:
>
> I've been an on-and-off member of the Spridget list over the past couple
of
> years, but have made few posts.  I'm afraid that's going to change, as I
am
> very near to getting the Bugeye back on the road.
>
> My first question concerns "bugeye red" upholstery paint.  I recovered my
> seats with some new covers I got a couple of years from a guy in FL (see
> second question).  They appear to be quite authentic and are kind of wine
> colored.  I now want to touch up the dash and door pockets with some good
> upholstery paint.  Does anyone know what kind I need and where I can get
it?

> Also, I wanted to try to track down the guy in FL, but I seem to have an
old
> phone number that does not work.  The various internet directories also
lead
> me to the dead number, as did a call to the Winter Park Chamber of
Commerce.