rear axle

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: rear axle
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 07:26:16 -0800
Hi
I was putting new brake shoes on my Midget and noticed that one rear hub has
about 1/8 inch play in and out but the other side doesn't have any. There is
no bearing noise from the rear and I have no other problems so is this
acceptable? I'll tell you the new binders in the rear sure do make a
difference, the car seems to squat now instead of nose dive with hard
braking.
One thing I discovered, the latest 1500 rear ends have different brake wheel
cylinders with a smaller diameter than earlier 1275 cars. I guess it would
give better brake response.
Jon
73 Midget