Midget Rocker Panel Replacement

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget Rocker Panel Replacement
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 18:51:03 -0600
I searched the archives but couldn't find a specific answer to my
question.

I'm in the process of replacing the driver's outer rocker panel in my 77
Midget.  I'm to the removal part where it meets the rear fender.  The
fender is welded to the top of the rocker panel somehow.

Should I cut the fender (which "appears" to be rust free in that area
but the rear of that fender must be replaced) and use the 4" patch and
continue my rocker panel replacement?  Victoria British has a 4" patch
for the front of the rear fender; it would probably work for me.

Is it possible to remove that part of the rocker panel without cutting
the fender?

Thanks

Tyson