FS: '74 RWA Midget (Chicago)

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: FS: '74 RWA Midget (Chicago)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:39:34 -0800
Hey Gang...

I find myself in need of some quick cash, so I'm going to sell my
Midget "as is".  I had planned on fixing it up a bit and selling this
spring, but I could use the money worse now... ;-)

It's a '74 round wheel arch car showing about 75,000 miles.  Same owner
for the last 15 years.  It had lots of money spent on it circa 1995
(paint, upholstery, carpet, high performance 3 angle valve job, Weber
45DCOE, alloy valve cover, new fuel pump, headers, new tonneau, dash
top, custom console with stereo, etc.  Then it was put into dry storage
in about 1998. (The only time it's been outside was for transport and
the pictures.)

The engine turns over fine (it was regularly turned over), but I've not
attempted to start as the carb has some crap in it. The fuel system
should be cleaned out.  The brakes are down. Not sure about the clutch.
Even though the seat covers were new, there is a slight split in the
driver's seat bottom.

The car did have a bit of rust. There is some plastic in the body here
and there and a few minor dents and dings. Rust is showing through at
only one place as shown in the pix. Front bumper was new in 1996, but
now has some minor pitting.   Needs tires badly... and the exhaust is in
pretty sad shape.

The car comes with an assortment of extra used bits: an extra top
assembly, extra doors,  workshop manual, etc.

It also comes with a cool set of ET-IV aluminum 13x5.5 alum rims. These
are unilug and include several of the special washers and a new set of
chrome lug nuts... but they don't quite fit each other...

NEW items include some front end bits, a Weber carb rebuild kit, a
timing chain kit, a top end gasket set, a set of Accel 8mm silicone plug
wires,  new Pioneer 6x9 speakers to fit the rear panel, and a new
convertible top.

Clear IL title.

Pix at: http://www.concentric.net/~Wcelliot/Midget/

Not a show car by any means, but a presentable car that would make a
great inexpensive driver with very little work.

$2000 as it sits.  If I don't get any interest here, I'll throw it on
Ebay later in the week. Or I'll make it a driver and sell for almost
twice as much this spring. ;-)

Thanks!

Bill Elliott
Lake Barrington, IL (just NW of Chicago)