Making Windows go up and down

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Making Windows go up and down
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:13:18 -0800 (PST)
Although to some on this list this subject may be
heresy but I'd appreciate any tips folks have on
getting the windows on Bugsy to go up and down. After
trying to raise the windows on my '68 Sprite I see now
why the crank knobs were broken off. I haven't pulled
the door panels yet but I know there must be one
common thing to look for, to lubricate, or to replace
to make these things functional again. I for one won't
be in favor of ever raising the windows or putting the
top up but in order to get the better half to ride in
Bugsy some concessions are required.

Washing alone will help to reduce friction I know as
they are really dirty but it will take more than that
to get the windows to go easily up and down.

Thanks once again in advance for all of your help.

=====
Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH
http://sports.yahoo.com