Re: 1275 rear main seal

To: <JRLNJ@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1275 rear main seal
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:47:17 -0800
Paul A. of this list sells an inexpensive kit that restores the rear scroll
seal to better than new tolerances.  I've used it and it did a good job of
closing up the tolerance at the rear seal.  The key to stemming the flow of
oil from the rear seal is to attack the source of excessive backpressure
that is forcing the oil out the rear.  Old slap-happy pistons, (actually
cracked in my case) worn rings, cracked head, plugged timing chain cover
vent, etc.

Glen Byrns
59 bugeye
59 Morris Traveller
"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming
in terror like his passengers."