Re: Listers in AL, IN

To: gcummins@wlox.com
Subject: Re: Listers in AL, IN
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:07:00 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 02/27/2002 10:17:59 AM Mountain Standard Time,
gcummins@wlox.com writes:

> It would be culture shock moving to Indiana.  The money is the same, but the
> question is what's better for my career?

OK!  Different question.  If I had it to do over again, and were in your
position, (and were younger with a willing wife), I'd take the Indiana.  Ol'
farts like me that have spent their entire careers in Texas are likely to get
label as not wanting to work in other states.

It's not that I haven't been willing, I just never got an offer that looked
better than the job I had in TX.

Having a resume with work in different areas of the country, or world for
that matter, would seem to me to be an atvantage.

PS...how many appliances to you have on your front porch?

Robert Houston

"There is nothing quite so thrilling as being shot at and missed"  " Yes
madam, I am drunk, but you are ugly.  Tomrrow I shall be sober, but you will
still be ugly"
attributed to Winston Churchill