Back on the list

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Back on the list
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 23:40:00 -0800
After a considerable absence, I am once again subscribing to this list. I'm
sure there are still many old familiar, and many new members. Hello to you
all.

I'm currently in the middle of a rebuild of the 948 engine in my '58, block
and head machining are happening right now. It is being bored out to fit new
pistons, which are standard bore AE Hepolite flattops for a 998, which
equates to an .065" overbore. The "new" head is a rare 12G206 casting, so
what we will end up with is essentially a Mini Cooper 998 spec. Mild cam
regrind, flywheel lightened a bit, everything balanced. It should have a
good power gain, and run smoothly on the long tours the car is subjected to
every summer.

I'm also using the down time to rebuild the steering rack and the front
suspension, and repaint the engine compartment.

I'm really looking forward to getting this all done and getting back in the
driver's seat. Need to have it all sorted and run in in time to leave for
Lake Tahoe in June for Open Roads 2002.

Doug Ingram
Victoria BC
1958 Sprite  (AN5L/636)