Re: bleeding hydraulics

To: <spridgets-mod@autox.team.net>, "'Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bleeding hydraulics
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 11:42:18 -0500
I took a mason jar (next time I would use a clear plastic water bottle) and
drilled two
holes in the top.  Siliconed two tubes into the holes, one goes almost to the
bottom of the jar, one stays near the top.  Attache the Easy Bleeder, on blow
mode, to the tube that is at the top, fill the jar with fluid, cap it tight.
At the other end of the tube that is now in the fluid I put a rubber stopper
that fits the MC cap opening.  Pump up the jar with the Easy Bleeder and
you've
got a 1 quart reservoir that's pressurized AND you can see when you are
getting
low AND you can bleed by yourself.  (Except on a Mini's brakes, which still
need
a final bleeding with two humans; don't understand why)

Geoff Branch
'74 Meejit "Yellow Peril"
'72 Innocenti 1300 Mini