Cat Quotes...no LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Cat Quotes...no LBC
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 10:57:56 EST
For Ed in NC and Pilot Bob...

"Cat Quotes"

"Never try to outstubborn a cat."
-- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love"

"Cats are the ultimate narcissists. You can tell this
because of all the time they spend on personal
grooming.  Dogs aren't like this.  A dog's idea of
personal grooming is to roll on a dead fish."
-- James Gorman

"Meow is like aloha -- it can mean anything."
-- Hank Ketchum

"There is no cat 'language.'  Painful as it is for us
to admit, they don't need one."
-- Barbara Holland

"Women and cats will do as they please, and
men and dogs should relax and get used to the
idea."
-- Robert A. Heinlein

"We should be careful to get out of an experience
only the wisdom that is in it - and stop there;
lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot
stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid
again, and that is well; but also she will never sit
down on a cold one anymore."
-- Mark Twain

"Of all G-d's creatures there is only one that
cannot be made the slave of the leash. That
one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the
cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate
the cat."
-- Mark Twain

"In order to keep a true perspective of one's
importance, everyone should have a dog that
will worship him and a cat that will ignore him."
-- Dereke Bruce, Taipei, Taiwan

"Managing senior programmers is like herding
cats."
-- Dave Platt

"Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get
eight cats to pull a sled through snow."
-- Jeff Valdez

As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat."
-- Ellen Perry Berkeley

"One cat just leads to another."
-- Ernest Hemingway

"Dogs come when they're called; cats take a
message and get back to you later."
-- Mary Bly

"Cats are rather delicate creatures and they
are subject to a good many ailments, but I
never heard of one who suffered from insomnia."
-- Joseph Wood Krutch

"People that hate cats, will come back as mice
in their next life."
-- Faith Resnick

"I have studied many philosophers and many
cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior."
-- Hippolyte Taine

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries
of life: music and cats."
-- Albert Schweitzer

"The cat has too much spirit to have no heart."
-- Ernest Menaul

"Cats seem to go on the principle that it never
does any harm to ask for what you want."
-- Joseph Wood Krutch

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil,
and cruel. True, and they have many other fine
qualities as well."
-- Missy Dizick {Does she really like cats? - LH}

Robert Houston

"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put
on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence."
-<A HREF="http://www.quoteland.com/author.asp?AUTHOR_ID=303";>Mahatma Gandhi</A>