ebay and the big bad wolf?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: ebay and the big bad wolf?
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:29:04 -0500
ebay has been very good to me.   i've sold some stuff and i have bought some
stuff.   i have learned to carefully read the auction terms set forth by the
seller!   i do not like going to get a certified check.  i prefer to send a
personal check.  i do not mind waiting for a check to clear so i can get my
stuff from a seller.   it's a matter of conveinence here in the country.
and shipping terms are a real joy too.   some sellers will not ship via the
post office  and some only ship fed ex or ups .    i have seen outrageous
charges being specified in "shipping terms" of auctions too!
yes outrageous bidding does work for something you want real-real-real bad.
but!  it opens you up to the opposing bidder or bidders trying to feel out
how high you are going by doing a bunch of small increment bids to feel out
your high bid.   this drives up your final price real fast!
i have been shafted last minute by .50 on numerous items wich i had some
interest in getting but was not very agressive in my persuit.   after
getting screwed on a couple of items i really wanted i learned real fast
about the last minute bidding game.   won a few...lost a few.   i'm
confident other items will surface in the future.   that tempers my
reactions when i loose.    no matter how hard you try to be a winner all the
time, some times other people must win too.

chuck
we are getting closer and closer to the sebring departure!