Re: Timken tapered roller bearings

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: Timken tapered roller bearings
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:53:48 -0800
Cc: spridgets-mod@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Jeff,

Great content. Thanks for sharing this.

Regarding your Q-5, you should have two drilled cotter pin holes in the
axle that are 90 degrees apart. One will usually provide a better postion
that the other for installing the cotter pin and maintaining tightness.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints