Re: Bugeye wheel prices...

To: Larry McKillip <mckillil@alpena.cc.mi.us>
Subject: Re: Bugeye wheel prices...
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 09:07:43 -0600
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Larry McKillip wrote:

> Hi gang, I need one good Bugeye road wheel, my spare rim is badly
> cracked and even more badly repaired.  I see them occasionally on Ebay
> and I am wondering what is a reasonable price to pay for one?  Are they
> as rare as they would have you believe.

    Maybe.  There were three different ones so your "missing" might be hard to
come by.  The early ones were riveted together.  Later ones were spot welded but
came in two varieties.  It's kind of hard to describe but if you're looking at
the wheel you'll notice that the round holes are either squarely in the
elongated
open area or are squarely on the steel area.  (My 9th grade English teacher
surely would not have like that sentence!)
    Reading that didn't make any sense but I don't think I can do better.  You
might already have two or three different kinds on your car and not know it.
Most folks don't-I've seen them show up for Concours judging w/ differnet
wheels.

    I'll send you some pictures a little later.
    Rare?  About here they're not.  I've got three on a wooden fence to hold
garden hoses.  How badly do you need one?

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO

Pop. 420