Re: rear seal Mar 2002 19:58:06 -0800

To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com (Gerard)
Subject: Re: rear seal Mar 2002 19:58:06 -0800
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:11:21 -0500 (EST)
Cc: TALLA@TELUSPLANET.NET (ALEX VOLK), spridgets@autox.team.net
Ah....there you are, Pixel! I answered your
post on this earlier this morning but I don't
see it so here we go, again!

I humbly bow to your knowledge and experience in such matters!

However, I must point out I mentioned
"adequate crankcase ventilation" once in
my prior post; you mentioned this twice with the added caveat of "vacuum
assist".

So, I'll settle for being "somewhat" incorrect in my assessment of the
stock
set-up! :)

But, I must point out I have never had a
Series A which did not leak oil to some extent from this area; which is
not all
bad, BTW.  F'rinstance:

1. The oil gets "refreshed" between every
1000-1500 miles; this is good.
2. The undercarriage is somewhat protected from rust; also good.
3. When they used to "re-oil" roads years
ago, I got a personal property tax credit
from the town of Stamford 'cause the road
I lived on and used in my daily travels
never did require this "city service"; this
was VERY good!

Today, they no longer "re-oil" roads, but
"two outta three ain't bad" (thankyou, Meatloaf!!)

Cap'n. Bob
    '61 :{)