Timing with Duck tape

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Timing with Duck tape
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:22:12 -0000
On my way home tonight, just as I peaked the revs at 5,500 in third
the Little Blue One spluttered and died.
Opened up the bonnet and after a quick grope in the dark
(ah,  there's nothing like a quick grope in the dark)
discovered that the pinch bolt from the dizzy clamp had dropped out
and disappeared into the black rainy night

I never cease to be amazed at what can be done with duck tape, or how
tolerant these engines are of approximated ignition timing!!

It got me home alright.

Guy