Re: No luck yet

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No luck yet
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 07:11:57 -0600 (CST)
[demime could not interpret encoding binary - treating as plain text]
Bleeding a clutch is the one time when losing my temper while working
on a car actually helped...

While bleeding the clutch on my '77 (with the assistance of my long-
suffering wife).  I finally got so honked off that I opened the
bleeder and stomped the clutch pedal as fast as I could about 15
times.  My long-suffering wife is also plenty smart, so she grabbed
the bottle of brake fluid and topped up the master when she saw the
veins standing out on my forehead.

The result was a perfect bleed and a working clutch pedal (after I
calmed down).  I'm guessing that I manged to hammer the fluid through
fast enough to push the bubble in the line through.

FWIW, YMMV, etc...

Chris K.