got home at 9:30 EST!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: got home at 9:30 EST!
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 23:37:53 -0500
wow!  over 500 emails to read to get back up to speed here!    ok!-ok!-ok!
i know evryone is waitimng for my "full" report.  it must wait.   i'm pretty
burned out and wanted to let evryone know i'm home and with exception for a
minor fender bender in sebring on my way home , evrything is just fine!  (i
broke my trailer's lisc. plate frame  on the front fender of a 3,000 mile
new chevy car that was trying to occupy the same turn lane i was heading
for......i was given a 77.00 ticket....*crud!
*  .....expletive...expletive.....) (now i need to replace the chrome plate
frame....)
i did total my miles and the old "lust bus added 2371.8 miles to it's
odometer wich now reads around 500 miles shy of 330,000!
and a breif sebring update?   i almost rolled the saab in the chicane at the
old hairpin in wednesday's practice session!  i saw a 45 degree horizon out
of the car......it was going over!   the corner workers saw the whole bottom
of the car i'm told!  at the last minute i turned into the roll and the car
dropped on the other 2 wheels with a real spooky sounding "thud"  and i took
off through the grass and got back on course and went on my merry way
killing bugs with my *secret 2 stroke oil mixture*.      i spent about 4
hours with the shakes from that experience!  i really scared myself!
there is a whole lot more to share right down to friday night sharing a fine
bottle of wine with brenda and brian johnson of AC DC.  (fellow vintage
racers)  it was a race experience of a life time!  it's good to be home!  my
cats missed me,  and i think my family missed me too....   :)
i know the van is glad to back in it's own driveway.

chuck
yawnnnn!  i think i'm going to need a nap....
and yes!  i'll be working on my thank you's and some proper recognition for
all of the support i recieved.   youse guys are da bestest!    and guys....i
did not bring back any pictures but i did get into green field late
saturday......the stuff that was going on in the infield can not be
discussed here!   no way!  .....NO!   :)