Looking for Tonneau Bar

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking for Tonneau Bar
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 22:30:26 -0800 (PST)
I'm looking for a tonneau bar to fit Bugsy my '68
Sprite. Anyone got an extra for a good price kicking
around their garage. I tried one from an MGB and bar
is too wide( yes I could cut it down to fit) but bar
is too wide for mounting brackets( yes I could cut
down with bench grinder to make fit fairly easily). It
appears from the MOSS catalog that the tonneau bar for
the Spridget goes straight across while the MGB bar is
L shaped with an 8" offset. Looking at the MGB tonneau
bracket I'm not sure it would do me any good unless it
was positioned to be in front of the seats and then
stretch across the cockpit. Since Bugsy has headrests
and I have the correct tonneau cover, do I even need
the tonneau bar to keep the cover tight? As usual I
know I'll get the right answer here so thanks in advance.

=====
Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH
http://movies.yahoo.com/