No LBC - Humor Time

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: No LBC - Humor Time
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:55:24 -0500
If you have children you will probably relate to this father.
As ham sandwiches go, it was perfection. A thick slab of ham, a fresh
bun, crisp lettuce and plenty of expensive, light brown, gourmet
mustard. The corners of my jaw aching in anticipation, I carried it to
the table in our backyard, picked it up with both hands but was
stopped by my wife suddenly at my side. "Hold Johnny (our
six-week-old son) while I get my sandwich," she said.

I had him balanced between my left elbow and shoulder and was
reaching again for the ham sandwich when I noticed a streak of
mustard on my fingers.

I love mustard.

I had no napkin.

I licked it off.

IT WAS NOT MUSTARD!!!!

No man ever put a baby down faster. It was the first and only time I
have sprinted with my tongue protruding. With a washcloth in each
hand I did the sort of routine shoeshine boys do, only I did it on my
tongue.

Later (after she stopped crying from laughing so hard) my wife said,
"Now you know why they call that mustard..."Poupon.'"

Dave
60 Bugeye