Re: Vacuum question - Plus

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vacuum question - Plus
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:40:28 -0500
> You have a "breather control valve" as well as the hose from the flame
> arrester
> on the timing cover going to a plastic
> "Y" piece which feeds the carb. "takeoffs"
> via individual hoses from the "Y" connector?
>
> Define "breather control valve"; do you
> mean "gulp valve" or PCV valve?

Neither one, it is a flat top contraption with a wire hold-down with a
spring and diaphram inside. All the pictures I have seen have it mounted on
the intake mainfold with a rubber hose then the other "port" connected to
the little can on the timing cover.
There is no pollution control apparatus on the engine, the holes in the head
have been blocked . I was just wondering which would be the best setup to
keep as much oil in the engine as possible. Either the "Y" setup or the flat
top contraption.
I'll have to run out to the basement to see if I can find the little "barb"
on the carb.

Thanks
Dave
60 Bugeye