Continuing Saga of my '76 Midget

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Continuing Saga of my '76 Midget
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 15:09:28 -0500
Bet you all thought you would see pictures by now. Well........... I had my
car painted by a reputable, I thought, paint shop who came highly recommended,
but inexpensive.  Well, when I picked it up it had paint all over it even
inside on the leather upholstery; on the back of the mirrors; on the rubber
bumpers; on the chrome everywhere, etc., etc.  Well, I complained and they
shrugged and I e-mailed their home office.  I was told to take it back in.  I
did.  They took some of the paint off, but there was an extremely bad spot on
the hood where it had already flaked off, was rough (was supposed to be sanded
down smooth when they painted it) and looked awful because they had tried to
cover it up with a paint that didn't match the rest of the car.  I was
sooooooo mad I drove off and went home.  Now I went to another paint shop, and
they gave me an estimate of $350 just to fix the 3 little spots on the hood -
(I have already paid out $650) they would have to repaint the hood and both
front fender panels to match the @*#*$*$ paint the first place daubed on the,
I call it, boo boo on the hood.

I am now in the process of dealing with the first paint shop's home office.  I
want them to either repaint the car at their expense (which I really do not
want to do because I fear they will do an even worse job just for spite
because they aren't friendly to me since I had to contact their home office to
get any attention - what's with these places down here?) or pay the bill for
the second paint shop to repair their damage.  The sage continues!  I may
never get this car right!  It seems like everyone just has their hand out
wherever I go and could care less about quality of work. Will let you know how
this all comes out.

Bev C.