Fw: new to lbc have ?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: new to lbc have ?
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 17:21:05 -0500
What year is your car? The earlier cars used a "U" shaped hinge that was
prone to cracking and thereby changing its tolerances. That would cause a
wider gap between the bonnet and the cowl... Not necessisarily a bad thing.
Many cars have the gap too small and the hood catches on the cowl resulting
in a flat spot at the rear of the bonnet!

The fenders may have been taken off the car at some point in time. There is
a bolt on the inside that goes through the fender to the firewall that is
often overlooked. Many unknowing people will try prying to separate the
fender from the firewall resulting in bending the mounting flange. When it
is reassembled without tapping the flange back into position, it will cause
a larger gap at the top of the fender by the cowling.

HTH,
Kent
1960 Bugeye

Subject: Re: new to lbc have ?