Re: leaking tranny

To: Trisha <patricia.sauthoff@Colorado.EDU>
Subject: Re: leaking tranny
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 21:22:56 -0800
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Trish,

Likely, leaking is from only two problems possibly three. Some dirt in the
threads
or threads crossed in the case by the plug, or  the plug is loose!.

First, check that the plug is tight. If loose, tighten and problem might be
solved.  If it's not, do the following.

Remove the plug to drain the trans.  Clean up the threads on the plug with
solvent
and toothbrush.  Set aside.  After the trans has quit dripping through the drain
hole, clean up the drain hole the same way.  Look to see if the threads are OK,
and not crossed up.  If crossed up, then tap out with a 3/4 inch pipe tap with
the
flutes heavily greased to pick up the metal.  Clean out the threads again and
with
teflon tape on the plug put it back in the case and tighten snugly, not as tight
as a gorilla would do it!  Refill the trans with motor oil and that should do
it.

If you can start your bugeye from under the hood, you can do the above!!

Best, Paul A