Re: Center Console??

To: "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Center Console??
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:39:55 -0800 (PST)
 Center console.  Well I do not like the plastic ones I have seen from the
catalog places.  I plan on making an arm rest-console/ drink holder/ and new
radio console out of luan plywood and covering it all with some nice new vinyl.
 Of course the arm rest part will be sturdy.  I have made one mock-up with card
board to test, but it was not just right.  If you pull out the ash tray you get
lots more room to work with.  BTW, does anyone have a set of Miata seats they
want to sell cheap?  Heck I would even consider a whole Miata!
Lon / RedMidget and Spanky too
  "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu> wrote: I am in need of a center
console for the Midget. After getting a replacement
glove box shelf panel from Frank (Thanks BTW) my GF finds it a LOT more
comfy to ride with out the glove box in the car. Small wonder, she's 5'11".

So for a place to keep the loose items in the cockpit I am looking for a
console. Now I can get one from the "usual suspects" but I understand the
quality is not that great. They look nice tho. Not having had one in my
hands I can not say one way or another.

Anyone put the M*$$ console in their car?? Do you like it?? Anyone know of a
better one?? Just hate to drop over 100 bucks on one and find it is a PoS,
rather than a piece of NOS ;-).

Nay other suggestions??

Thanks

Larry