Big tires

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Big tires
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 21:32:51 -0500
Cc: <wsthompson@thicko.com>
>Now I need to hear from folks that have actually fit tires onto the rear
>of 1/2 elliptic square arch cars... anyone with some hands on >experience?

>WST

Bill,

I had 185/70R-13s - on stock rims on the '67 MKIV.  They will fit.  But bad
choice on the narrow rims.  Too tall/wide tires for them.  Occasional rub on
rear springs and aftermarket front sway bar on hard tight cornering.  Used
to put vaseline on them during the little competition events at shows - to
keep from tearing them up.  Looked nice, but handled like shit on corners in
comparison to the little radials I had on it originally.  Too much tire roll
during cornering.

However..... what a nice soft ride at 24 psi.  For cruisuing comfort and it
was great, and it definitely brought the engine speed down with the 4:1
rear.......

Les Myer