Re: Rear Brake Cylinder Circlips

To: Dave Hiley <dhiley@cadvision.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Brake Cylinder Circlips
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 13:13:59 -0700
Dave,

Which clip do you have? I'll assume for now you have the "E" clip. Two
methods. Use a small vice grip in the center and push like hell (concave
side toward the center of the axle). The other is the get the center and
one end tang in the groove and then lift and snap the third into position
with a screwdriver or small pliers. I've not actually tried the second,
just read about it. The problem on the Spridgets is the is so little room
to work it in. There is really ony one orientation that I have been able to
work it in place. I can't describe it off hand, but it will probably become
obvious when you try to get it on.

Gerard