Re: Water Hoses

To: Ankitterer@aol.com
Subject: Re: Water Hoses
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:30:36 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Annice and the other 2!

I've been using 1/2" heater hoses from NAPA or the local supply house that
stocks
Goodyear hoses with good success.  They last longer than expected.  As for the
heater by pass hose, don't use the little bellows type.  That will last about as
long as birch fence posts!!  Use a short piece of 1/2" heater hose.  It can be
fitted pretty easily with the water pump in place.  Just use WD-40, (in your
case
a local product!) and buckle the hose to fit it up.  Works well.

The other hoses, upper and lower radiator, are the killer ones.  The lower one
you're sort of stuck with the Brit one of variable quality, but the upper is a
hose that can be used from one of the zillion curved hoses you see hanging in
supply houses.

Regards, Paul A