Oil Pressure Problem

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Pressure Problem
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 15:23:29 -0400
I'm putting a "used" 1275 into the bugeye. The engine has been sitting for 14+
years without anything being done to it. The PO said the engine did run. I
tried turning the engine over without the plugs in and the oil pressure gauge
does not move but the engine does turn over good. I tried the squirt in the
eye method and I don't get anything out of the hose. Does the pump have to be
primed or do I have to pull the whole assembly (engine-tranny) out and pull it
all apart and replace the pump?

Dave
60 Bugeye