bad news! ;-( Comp test!

To: Midget/Sprite <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: bad news! ;-( Comp test!
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 17:11:05 -0700 (PDT)
I've been putting this off, as I had a feeling I knew from
day one what was teh problem when I bought the l'il red
beastie......

Today, after delaying long enough by working on the ducati,
installing a radio in Elgie, cleaning up the garage,
epoxying together a broken laptop body for my
friend...etc...I finally pulled out the comp testor and
pulled the plugs.

the good thing is apparently I really do have teh fuel spot
on thanks to the help from Gerard and Cap'n Bob! They are
all nice beige coloured!  ;-)

now for the bad news....

cyl. #1     90 #
cyl. #2     89 #
cyl. #3     130 #
cyl. #4     195 #  ??????????????????
guessing bad rings in #1 and #2, but #4 blows me away...

after adding some m m oil

cyl. #1     135 #
cyl. #2     105 #
cyl. #3     150 #
cyl. #4     210 #  ??????????????????
guessed right on the rings, but apparently valves as
well...
#4 still a mistery!!!!!!

so..................um....er....looks like I gots some
problems!

I know y'all will cringe at this, but wondering about
trying to just do a paupers re-build and just do the rings!
;-0
......and a quickie home valve lap job.....

I HATE not having any $$$ but being still unemployed thanks
to our wonderfull silly-con valley economy, I'm having to
cut some corners...any suggestions? I know this was the
usual before the eighties/nineties when cash is
low...nowadays people just either toss it out or
immediately do a complete nut-n-bolt re-build of the whole
car when it blows a head gasket, so....waddyathink??

Paul   ;-(down to only four vehicles and none are working
right...maybe because three are british and one is
italian?) ;-)
........maybe I need to just ride the lame duc as it at
least sorta runs...just doesn't stop too good....or
turn...or...

'63 midget     (One sick puppy!)...
'66 Land-Rover 88" Pick-up  "Elgie" pissing out rad fluid
from replacement heater!
'95 Land Rover Disco        "The Light Brigade" blown
radiator and too modified for daily transportation..
'92 Ducati 750ss  RBBRDUC  (lame-duc for now...)
http://taxes.yahoo.com/