Vapor lock?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vapor lock?
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 20:36:40 -0400
Here's the scoop. Drove the Midget 13 miles to work yesterday, ran great.
Halfway home I stopped and filled the gas tank. Drove 50 yards and suddenly
it felt like it was running on 1 cylinder, okay, maybe 2. I fiqured I must
have gotton some gas with water in it. Hot day, about 80 degrees. Limped on
home and parked it. That night, I started it up, and it ran great. Drove it
to work this morning,, and it still ran great. Halfway home, it started the
1 or 2 cylinder thing again. Ran so poorly I had to us second gear to get up
the hill to my house. Almost 90 degrees out today, so I heard. Water temp
running normal. I thought it might be something electrical breaking down,
but it seems that if that was the case it would do it in the mornings also.
(around 60 ambient degrees) Any Ideas?

1971 Midget
1959 Bugeye project