Re: Exhaust Systems

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Exhaust Systems
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:39:25 EDT
In a message dated 4/16/02 7:08:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bfenwick@netset.com writes:

> Just wanted to know if there is another other performance exhaust out
> there for a 1500 Midget besides Pace Setter/Monza.  Has anyone
> experimented around with different exhaust setups?  Any help would be
> great.  Thanks to everyone in advance.  If you want to respond to me
> personally you can at bfenwick@netset.com

- - - - - - - - - - - -

My '77 Midget has a good condition stock exhaust on it, so I am not in the
market for one, but I did just put a custom exhaust system on my Mitsubishi.
I got a Dynomax muffler and had the shop custom bend a new system that was
MUCH straighter than the original.  We also used 1/2" larger diameter pipe.
I had to replace the cat(alytic converter), so I figured I might as well do
the whole thing.

Check out the Dynomax web site (www.dynomax.com  Duh!) because they have a
HUGE selection of muffler sizes.  I would be surprised if they didn't have a
muffler the same size as original.  Then buy it from a shop that does custom
systems and mandrel pipe bending.  (I use CSE in Ft. Washington, PA.)  If
anybody in SE PA is looking for a good shop for this kind of work, let me
know and I'll give you the address and phone.

Good luck,

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget