Re: Vizard article/using your car as a dyno.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vizard article/using your car as a dyno.
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:41:27 -0500 (CDT)
[demime could not interpret encoding binary - treating as plain text]
Right you are, Cap'n.

>>Except<< for those running a catalytic converter or air pump.  In
order to give a meaningful result, the sensor would have to be before
either the CatCon or the air injector in the exhaust stream.  Given
where the air injectors usually are (right behind the exhaust valve)
it'd be tough to get before the air injector.

Vizard's way tells you what's happening in the combustion chamber,
before the emission controls have a chance to take effect, telling you
what the carbs are really doing.

Chris K.