Rear Brake Drum Diameter

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Brake Drum Diameter
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:30:08 -0600
Greetings
Can anyone tell me what the maximum allowable diameter is for the rear
brake drums on my '72 Midget.  I am going to replace the rear brake shoes
and would like to get the drums cleaned up if there is enough meat left on
them.   The manual lists the original diameter as 7".
Thanks
Dave

p.s.  Thanks to everybody who gave me tips on how to get the "E" clips on
the rear wheel cylinders.   Tips + quiet contemplation + a few brew + some
very focused cursing did the trick!!   :))