Re: brake discs

To: "Jeffrey H. Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: brake discs
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:26:58 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
"Jeffrey H. Boatright" wrote:

> What discs do you use and why?

Brembos always and never had a problem. In fact, the only time I ever
damaged a rotor was when I hit a slush (ice) puddle. I took a chuck out
of it. This was back when I was a kid of 18 or 19 and was running very
thin rotors. A valuable lesson at it's time I might add.
If you are warping rotors, I would susspect that the brakes are
dragging.
Check the push rod adjustment on the master cylinder. Or step on the
brake and then try to roll the car after you let off the brake. It
should release. If not check the master push rod adjustment. (pre 67
that is)
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ