Re: British Car Week schedule

To: WFO Herb <froggi60@hotmail.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: British Car Week schedule
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 08:30:07 -0400
British Car Week. Created before the Spridgets list, but the same year :-)
Any body know the story behind it?? I do ;-0.  Wanna hear it??

Several years ago a bunch of intrepid MG enthusiasts decided the make a
"Brit Run to the Sun" This was led by MGA Master Barney Gaylord
(http://users.ntsource.com/~barneymg/), of the Chicago area. The idea was to
get to the Artic Circle for the Summer Solstice.
http://users.ntsource.com/~barneymg/mg11.htm

Along the way, an MGB-GT Driver, Dick Criswell, was killed in an accident.
To honor his memory a day was chosen to drive LBC's.

About the same time the Scions of Lucas were trying to promote a Brit car
week. Combining these 2 ideas the Brit Car Week was born. I believe this has
become one of the premier events for showcasing LBC's of every flavor.

I am sure that I have missed a few details and behind the scenes intrigue,
but that is generally the way I understand it.

So for the Memory of Dick Criswell and just to enjoy your cars, go out and
get with it The last Week of May!! Everyday, every night!!

Larry

PS Scott Helms lives not too far from chuck c.

At this exact moment in time: 4/26/02 11:28 PM, "WFO Herb"
<froggi60@hotmail.com> made the profound revelation:

--

Larry Macy
78 Midget