RE: TR7 and Triumphs in general

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR7 and Triumphs in general
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 18:07:55 -0700
Spridgeteers,

I remember seeing the first TR7 on the road in England... I did not care for
the styling then, and I still don't! In England, TR7s quickly gained the
reputation of being very unreliable, and they rusted badly. Once I was
offered a low mileage one at a very low price, and declined to buy it. Never
regretted it.

I DO like Triumphs- especially the TR2/3/4, late model Spitfire/GT6, and the
Stag- in that order. In January 1980 I bought a new Spitfire in England, and
at the time my cousin had a TR4A. Hate to say this on this list, but I
enjoyed my Spitfire just as much as my 1970 Sprite and my 1972 Midget... may
be more... I remember the Spitfire cockpit as more spacious and comfortable
than the Sprite, the handling not as good, but not bad (late model
improvements to the infamous swing axle)... and I wished the Spridgets could
have had the overdrive gearbox- really nice on motorways.

Now, I'll run for cover 8-)

Jacques Le Clainche