Problems again

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Problems again
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 23:03:09 -0400
Since the list is super quiet tonight I'll throw a question to the masses.
Took the wife for a ride in the bugeye today. We covered about 100 miles and
only had to pull off the road 4 or 5 times because the ignition was acting up.
All was fine as long as I kept the speed 40 mph or lower, but if I ran around
50 mph for any length of time it would start missing and then die. No, I
wasn't trying to pull the "ran out gas" trick. If I would leave the car sit
about 5 mins or so it would start and run ok then sometimes it would take a
bit longer till it decided it was time to run again. There are new points,
condenser and coil in it now and it still does the same thing. When it starts
it's problem it acts like it is only running on 2 cylinders. I checked the
plugs and they look good. It has a new electrical fuel pump (3 to 4.5 lbs)
with new fuel filters. Any suggestions would be great since I tried everything
I could think of.

Dave
60 Bugeye