Re: Problems again

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Problems again
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 12:13:01 -0700
With the turbo under my bonnet, heat after is a big factor.  Within twenty
or thirty minutes of shutdown, it is difficult to restart.  It sputters and
surges as the fuel flash boils on entering the carb.  The hot turbo bleeds
so much heat across to the carb that it is very hot to the touch.   After a
minute of surging, it steadies down as the inrushing air drops the carb temp
to where it doesn't boil the gas as soon as it touches the needle.  That
doesn't really sound like the problem being described.

It might be worthwhile to be sure the insulating fiber spacers are in place
on the troubled engine.  Unfortunately I have only space enough for two
thicknesses of heavy paper gasket material between the intake throat and the
carb.  Paul's fan idea might be just the ticket for me.