Run-on

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Run-on
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 09:47:27 -0700
List:
I have just bought a gorgeous '74 Midget - 2 owners, last owner a lady for 20
years. Unfortunately this makes 4 Miodgets, one has to go and its probably
this one. But in the meantime I am enjoying it - except for the run-on. I have
the carbs and ignition set up as best I can per the book for '74 for the
emissions test here but the run-on is as bad as ever. I know it does not need
to do this - I have another '74 which does not run-on but how do I get rid of
it? Our local parts supplier has an anti-run-on kit which is only a solenoid
valve to let air into the inlet manifold. Is there another way?
Thanks,
Alan