Re: Preferred Engine Oil

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Preferred Engine Oil
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 15:05:03 -0700 (PDT)
--- Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com> wrote:
> Midget1974MG@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > Preferred engine oil brand / weight for a reconditioned
> 1974, 1275cc engine?
>
> Castrol 20/50
Do you mean as in break-in oil? or after break-in?

for break-in I had picked up the idea of using
NON-DETERGENT straight weight oil. usually 30wt.....

not shure what is available out there in non-detergent
nowadays, I have not re-built an engine for a few
years.....but would guess you can find if if you ask
around.

after break-in? I aggree with teh Castrol GTX 20/50

Paul
http://health.yahoo.com