guilty here

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: guilty here
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 13:28:12 -0400
Over the last several e-mails ive heard a number of people completely bash
less than perfect non American made and some American made) tools and
equipment. I confess ive bought fuur'n tools. yes that's right my brothers.
When it came time to buy my 10 year old his first toolbox and toolset. I
went to the junkstore and bought things that said "china" on the side.. the
same tools that I will find as I run over them with the mower, or behind the
couch, or hopelessly lost somewhere. I wasn't about to buy a set of snap-ons
to find in the middle of the back yard.
 I fancy myself as having something of a "shop". If I were to try and buy
everything made here, for the price it would cost, I doubt if I would have
much at all. Yeah, the quality isn't the greatest, but my parts cleaner I've
had for years only cost me a couple bucks. and those wrenches I cut and
rewelded to some funky angle to fit whatever bolt, was worth the cheap
price. For most of my tools I indeed use craftsman. oh sure I replace the
ratshit wrench every month. but at least I can replace it when I want.
frankly I cant afford the same tools that the "pro's" use. that doesn't mean
I am not pro USA. I love my Lincoln welder, and my Porter Cable Drill. But
like it or not, sometimes seeing made in china on the side of a tool, is
better to me than the bill of having something done by someone else that i
couldnt possibly afford.
R Kansa