Re: Hey Frank (corporate responsibility)

Subject: Re: Hey Frank (corporate responsibility)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 10:34:28 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Here is a little more on Stanley's move. Not quit so simple.

""Stanley broke corporate governance laws that assure fairness, and there is
evidence that Stanley Works broke federal securities laws," he said.
"Stanley Works made a hammer with two heads. One was slipshod, and the other
was dishonest."

Mr. Blumenthal filed the suit on behalf of Denise L. Nappier, the state
treasurer, expressed doubt that Stanley would ever win approval for its plan
to become a Bermuda company resident in Barbados, a move that would allow it
to reduce and perhaps eliminate federal and state income taxes on profits
earned in the United States."

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/11/business/11STAN.html